Today has been a full and exhausting day, but it has also been rewarding in several ways. Here's what I did today: I woke up at 6:30 to work out at the gym for an hour, started teaching at 9:55 and didn't leave work until 6:30. My first day of teaching went well I think. It was a little chaotic, because my schedule changed at the last minute, but it turned out to be okay.
I'm the main foreign teacher for 7-year olds, and they have a lot of energy. They're really bright, but it is tiring. By the time it got around to my afternoon classes, I was lagging a little, but I really enjoy my elementary kids in the afternoon. They're pretty chill and it's easier to communicate with them.
It's weird being the teacher and not the student. Sometimes I wonder if this is how my teachers felt...trying to get students to finish their work, talking over students, etc. It feels so good to just sit down right now, but I have to sleep soon because I'll be getting up in no time to start the day over and do the same thing.
I want to build relationships with these students. I know it's going to be trying at times, and it's probably hard for them right now to talk to me since I'm their new teacher, but I do hope to form some bonds with them given that I'll be there for a year. Ahh, I'm kind of tired to write about this all right now, so I'll write more another day. Sorry everyone!!
Natalie,
ReplyDeleteFun to hear about that 1st day -the one you will remember forever-sounds like they kept you busy and I am sure that will continue but you will settle into a flow with your students. Enjoy each moment and catch up on your sleep-maybe on weekends Norma ( I can not figure why I am Dave's profile again!!)
Hello Norma and Dave!!^^ I'm not sure if this will be forwarded to you, but I hope it will! Thank you both for your wonderful comments - they're like gifts from home! I really appreciate it^^
ReplyDeleteDave, that was definitely the best Christmas present one could ask for! Not many professors would grant that request to the student, and I hope she appreciates the exception you made; I know that I would~
I hope you two are doing well! I will update my blog again soon!
Best wishes to you both~