Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Somebody tell me what's going on~

Hi everyone! I'm sorry it's been awhile since I've updated this! It's been hard to find time to sit down and write in here to be honest >.< I usually get home around 8:30 or 9 and by that time, I feel too lazy to type in my blog. Hehe it's bad I know! However, here's an update about what's going on!^^ Smile about that please~

Teaching continues to go well - my kids have been a little naughty this week thus far, but I'm still finding my way to discipline them. I don't want to yell a lot so I'm thinking silence might be best; once they see that I'm quiet and just staring at them, I hope they'll quiet down and be serious. We'll see how this goes though! I really have no real updates about the actual teaching here. It's pretty straight forward and I'm enjoying it. It's exhausting, but I like it here^^

I'm loving the people here whom I've had the pleasure of meeting! The other foreign teachers and the Korean teachers are amazing!! My transition here has been a lot smoother thanks to these people! It would be a lot harder to adjust if I didn't have this support system. I'm becoming a lot closer to all of them because we tend to eat dinner together and we either hang out at GaYeon and Patrick's newly opened cafe, And the Twelve, or we go shopping. They're really enjoyable people and I love it! I think the pictures will probably express more than I'm able to so here are some newly uploaded pictures! And yes, you will see Ethan in some of these since he was here this past weekend^^ It was bittersweet, but more sweet than bitter~

Left: Irene and me, Right: GaYeon (back), Kate (front)
yummy mandu!

the menu at the cafe, And the twelve

Left to Right: Kate, me, Ann, Scott, Rachel

And the twelve...isn't the interior decorating beautiful?

Kate, Gayeon, Ann, Patrick

And the twelve

SungHwan and Patrick (Gayeon's husband)

Left to right: Ann, Alicia, Rachel, Amy

Cafe Latte...yum yum!

Left to right: Ethan, Ann, Gayeon, Kate's boyfriend and Kate


Ann, Gayeon, Rachel

Gayeon

And the Twelve


Me and Kate

Back: Gayeon, Rachel, Ann
Front: Me, Kate

Patrick


Patrick, Ethan and Kate's boyfriend



Kate

Kate and her boyfriend!

2 comments:

  1. Natalie,
    I am happy you are alive and well-I do understand the busy life and just look forward to your posting whenever you have time. Glad school is going well and your pictures with your friends and all that good looking food make me hungry. Thanks for the update and have a fantastic day. Norma and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie,
    So good to see your pictures. I did try to find where you are on Google Earth but the names and places did not match.

    I have a Korean student who I have granted her to take the final early so she can go home. I think I gave a the greatest Christmas present ever :) I thought of you when I was considering her request and thought if you were making the same request, what would I do? Well, then the answer is simple. I may have to defend my decision at some point because it is not a typical one to change someone's final but sometimes, you make decisions on your gut, your heart and what is best for the student. As a teacher, it is sometimes the hardest decisions- those that involve the hear.
    Prayers and good wishes to you
    Dave

    ReplyDelete