Saturday, November 27, 2010

Attention Please! Have you heard the news??

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't posted this sooner, but everything is okay here with the situation between North and South Korea. I'm nowhere near to where the attack took place, and the news is hyping it up with saying that Korea is on the brink of war. Honestly, things don't feel any different here, and people don't seem to be too worried about it.

On a happier note, we had a Thanksgiving dinner tonight and it was absolutely delectable! I made my mom's recipe for Napa salad and it was a hit! Honestly, I was worried about it, but it turned out well! Dinner was so good; it's exactly what I needed after feeling a little homesick this past week.

Ann and me at Thanksgiving dinner tonight
Ann, Irene and me - we went shopping and all three of us got these hats for free!!
Christian and Judy - married couple

Caramelized sweet potatoes! They were amazing!
Can we say turkey?

Gayeon and Patrick
Home-made cheesecake and veggies





Christian and Judy

2 comments:

  1. Natalie, Thanks for the update- my that food looked good and I have never had candied sweet potatoes-I will have to look up a recipe for them. I am happy to hear about the North and South situation-I was wondering about the media hype-glad to hear you are safe. Our grandson is being baptized tomorrow at Mary and Peter's church in Minneapolis-so excited! Keep posting-it is fun to see what you are up to. Love Dave and Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks great and I'm so glad you are enjoying it with some nice people. That cafe looks awesome! Of course we missed you at Thanksgiving but it was good to Skype and thank God for all this fabulous technology.
    Love Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete