Monday, February 21, 2011

Song of the day: Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg

Honestly, I don't have a lot to express at the moment. I'm currently listening to the Landon Pigg album that I bought and the song I'm attached to at the moment is Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop.^^ Hence the title of this blog. I'm a music lover so not a day goes by where I don't listen to music. It soothes and calms me, but also gives me energy when needed. It's the remedy to a downer. It's the uplifting spirit I need on occasion. It's the excitement that puts the bounce in my stride. Without music, my life wouldn't feel complete. Each day, there's a different melody, a different tune to match the mood I'm in. At times, it's music that expresses what I'm feeling and thinking better than I'm able to.
This is a flower at my Korean foster family's house where it opens at night and closes during the day~ I really loved how it looked in the sunlight so I took a few snapshots of it. 



This is a cafe we walked past in Seoul. I simply liked the cozy look of it.

This is called juk - rice porridge.


This is kind of like a Korean pancake. We were preparing them for Seol-nal (Lunar new year).

My foster mom and her sister-in-law






This is what the set-up looked like for Seol-nal. It's to pay respect to the members who have past away.

This little one is like a second niece if my translation is correct. She was super cute^^
My foster dad on his cell phone.



My foster brother, Jin-hyeok


This is ddeok-mandu guk. It's dumpling and rice cake soup which is the traditional food to eat on Seol-nal.


Preparing the chocolate for the home baked chocolate chip cookies!

Ann and her friend, Kelsey!
Ga-yeon















My friend, Cory, and me. He's a college friend who's teaching in China and came to visit Korea for a week. 

Yummy mandu!






He was so excited for the Korean soccer jersey! We found it finally at a Nike store!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie,
    I have, tried 3 times to write but when I go to post a comment it disappears-well I am trying again. Your picture as always are fabulous with the flowers, the scenery,!! I especially like the chocolate you are chopping for those chocolate chip Cookies Yummy!! I can smell them from here. Today is the annual chili dinner and bake sale at church so maybe I will have to buy some cookies-after your mom prices them!!. Snow and cold are the order of the day but is suppose to warm up later. Keep writing and enjoying your music! Love Norma and Dave too!

    ReplyDelete