It's been about a month since I've posted my last update so I apologize, but honestly, I don't think a lot has happened between then and now. Spring is alive now as today was full of sunshine and warmth as Ann, Jason, Gayeon and I watched Gayeon's husband, Patrick, play in a baseball game. The rays kept us nice and toasty warm and left its traces on our now sun-kissed cheeks. We kicked off our shoes and let our bare feet enjoy the spring season as well. It was a relaxing and perfect Saturday afternoon to say the least.
About three weeks ago, our new school year started and I am teaching first year 7-year olds and second year 7-year olds for the main part of my day; in the late afternoon until 6:10pm, I teach elementary students. It's been an exhausting, challenging and busy start to this new school year, but it's also been a lot of fun. My class of first year 7-year olds - Tonky class - is a challenge because their English skills vary so much. I have one student who is brilliant; he knows the ABC's, how to write, how to read and his pronunciation is excellent, but the other students aren't as advanced as him. Many of them can't write their names on their own yet so my co-teacher and I are having to go at a slow pace which is fine, but it's sometimes boring for this one student. He also happens to be one of my naughtiest, but I think it's just because he's bored since the material is too easy for him. He's not a bad kid at all, but he just needs harder work to do. At first, I was worried that he would be difficult and be distant from me, but little by little, I feel like he's opening up to me. He does small things that are really sweet and unexpected. During the first week, he gave me a cookie and walked away. This past week, he put a piece of candy in my apron pocket and walked away again. He doesn't say anything as he gives me these little tokens, but they're so special and it's given me a glimpse of who he is. Does that make sense?
I've started doing Yoga three times a week with Ann and Gayeon; I absolutely love it. The yogi is such a gentle and warm woman; when I'm around her, her serene aura washes over me as her sense of peace becomes a part of me. Have you ever met anyone whose presence is so strong that when you're around him/her, you feel what he/she feels? That's what I experience when I'm practicing Yoga with our yogi. I get lost in her eyes. Hehe that sounds kind of funny to say, but I really do. She speaks some English so Ann and I are able to communicate with her which is so nice because she's such a pleasant woman. After Yoga, I feel so centered and in tune with myself. I also feel quite sleepy afterwards which is good for my sleeping, because it's been a little off recently.
I have a lot of pictures to share with you so I hope you're ready for them! I hope you're all doing well and that spring is beginning to creep its way back for you, too!
Just a random building being built as Ann and I walked past on our evening walk.
I couldn't resist taking this picture as the sunshine hid in the background.
Dalk-kalbi. It's a chicken dish.
My friend, Leah.
Minky class who graduated in February.
Korean BBQ
My small feet.
We walked past this car and had to take a double look; we couldn't stop laughing.
My friend, Kyusik and I studying at a cafe.
I forgot what this is called, but it's basically a sweet bread. Yummy!
Ann and me
Gayeon unni. She's like an older sister.
I saw this and had a fan girl moment! SS501 is one of my favorite Korean groups because my favorite male celebrity was the leader! The group disbanded last year.
Shopping area in Insadong
Gayeon, Judy and Judy's husband, Christian.
Jajjangmyeon. Noodles with black bean paste. So delicious.
Sweet and sour pork.
On Friday, I saw this view coming out from work and wanted to capture it on camera, but this photo doesn't do it any justice. The clouds were a mixture of blues and pink.
At the baseball game. Gayeon, Ann and Jason.
Patrick




Natalie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update-your pictures as always are wonderful. Isn't Spring wonderful-we are indeed also seeing bits of it but cloudy today so far. I also take yoga but only once a week but I also have a wonderful leader who is so soothing-I just like to go to hear her speak with such calm. So relaxing. It sound like a good start to new classes and the challenges of a very bright student-you are doing great!! Dave and I just returned from a trip up to northern Minnesota and did snowshoeing - too many hills this year for me -but great exercise. Take care and thanks again for the update. Love Norma and Dave too