Monday, July 11, 2011

Rainy Days

Monsoon season is here everyone! It's been raining everyday for the past couple weeks^^ I'm enjoying the rain but it's so tempting to stay inside and just watch movies >.<

Not much new is going on here. I have a ton of photos to upload and those will probably explain more at the moment than I can^^
I've been going for walks in the morning with a friend and it feels so good. I'm trying to wake up at 5:45, get some exercise and still have time left in the morning to have some me time where I can read, reply to e-mails and listen to music. It's a great way to start my day. I can see why my dad enjoys his time in the morning so much; there's something so serene about it. Not feeling the rush of the day but simply taking time out of your day to just be. These days, I get so caught up in plans and the busy life that I haven't had a lot of alone time. I think it's starting to wear on me a little since I'm so used to having some quiet down time. However, I remember that I'm not here in Korea forever so I want to take advantage of every opportunity, meet with friends and go anywhere and everywhere. This weekend I'll be going to an annual mud festival at a beach. I'm not sure what it entails besides playing in mud but I'm so excited about it! I'll give you details when I get back~
Oh! I do have news actually. Some of you may already know but I've decided to extend my contract until February and will be visiting back home for Christmas for two weeks. Anyone up for some Hoban and noraebang (karaoke)...*cough cough*...Geri, Norma, Dave, MJ, DJ...*wink wink* With my future plans - please take notice that it's plural since I don't know which path I'll take yet - staying through February makes more sense and gives me a chance to come home for a couple weeks. I can't wait to see you all again! 
One of my co-workers/friends gave me a good reminder last week that I can't please everyone and that I don't have to say yes to everyone. It's a good reminder for me because sometimes it's just so hard to say no to people >.< I really enjoy her company - she really understands me without me having told her a lot. 
Okay, my day is ready to start now! Have a great day~














































































3 comments:

  1. Natalie,
    Good to see all the great pictures-such cute children and good to hear you are doing well but sounds like you are wet-that is what my nephew is saying also. Things are hot in Minnesota but a brief cooling today. Nothing too new here but we are taking a trip soon out to Yellowstone and Wyoming for a conference and are looking forward to the vacation. Glad to hear from you and keep writing. Love Dave and Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find serenity! I wanted to share a poem that your post reminded me of. Trying to find time to "just be" and relax with my thoughts, while remembering jump into the flow rush and opportunity. I wrote this while contemplating whether to come to Korea or to start a career in Louisville.
    PUDDLE OR STREAM?
    Distractions are delicacies
    that squeeze surprise
    from the secrecy inside

    Time declines our invitations
    to be patient
    or recline in the mind's
    blissful consolation

    Water from a spring
    continues to the sea
    or evaporates into eternity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie,
    This is Norma again-I just look at your blog again and saw the rest of your note- It will be great to see and "sing" with you around Christmas!!- Excited you get a chance to visit then. Sounds like lots of thinking going on on your future decisions but I bet your school is happy about you extending till Feb. I am glad I read your note again. Love Dave and Norma

    ReplyDelete