Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hot Summer

Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated my blog. You know what that means right? Lots of pictures to share with you!^^ Since I last posted, I've had a couple visitors. Nicole, my Seoul sister, came to visit for my summer break (one week).  We took Seoul by storm and it hasn't been the same since we were there. Hehe. It was such a comforting feeling to see a familiar face from back home.  I love the friends I've made here, but it was really good to see her!  We visited Seoul, shared laughter and wonderful meals, hung out with friends and overall had a spectacular time together.  For the first couple days, it felt like time was in our favor as it seemed to have slowed down, but that didn't last long; before we knew it, we were at the airport bidding farewell to one another. Like most farewells, it was bittersweet, but I'll be seeing her again soon over winter vacation.  I was really excited to introduce her to some of the friends I've met here because in all honesty, I've been really lucky and have made some amazing friends; ones with whom I'll stay in contact with even after I leave Asia. ^^

The same day Nicole left, Ethan arrived. It was a tag team. Hehe, I loved it.  Right after Nicole left, I didn't have time to fully process her presence here and our trip together, but I think I have now. I'm really proud of my older sister and dear friend.  She's one hell of a woman. I'll share with you some of the pictures. 

Since Ethan has been here, it's been great as well.  He substituted at my school a few times and it went well!  Hehe, he's good with the kids^^ Hmm, we haven't done a lot of traveling but he's met my friends and just this time together is precious.  Even if we're not doing anything special, I still cherish that time of sharing space and presence.  Yesterday, we went to Seoul and visited the Korean War Memorial and Insadong.  He's a really great photographer so we were both taking lots of photos.  Some of the photos I'll post are ones he took!  

Other than that, nothing new is really happening here.  Work is the same; work hard, play hard.  

This is my friend, Jina, who works at Patrick and Gayeon's cafe. She's the same age as me - 23 - and she's one ambitious and admirable woman.

I took some pictures of the pictures decorating the cafe.  There was a protest in a neighboring city where students were protesting against the high rise in college tuition.  It was a peaceful one.




This is Kyeo-ul.  We were eating spicy chicken and cabbage. 

Jina and Du-hwan her boyfriend.



My friend, Jihye.

This is boiled chicken with ginger and rice. Koreans eat it on the hottest day of the summer. It's really delicious and healthy for you.

My friend, Sue and her boyfriend, Randy.

My favorite food, kimchijjigae.

The morning sky 




One of my students named Daniel. Crescent eyes!!! 













Two fun coworkers, Ellie and Betty.







My lovely S!






































Hello Kitty Cafe





My friend, Lizzie, and her boyfriend, Ji.

Hehe. Hilarious pic. Ethan is wearing my camera T-shirt. Epic moment.



While Nicole was here, we got manicures and pedicures. Nicole got a pedicure and Eunju and I got our nails done. My hand is in the front and Eunju's is in the back.

Gayeon

Noraebang night!






Went for a hike. Kyle, Ethan, George and Ann (different Ann. She's a new foreign teacher at our school)
































































1 comment:

  1. Amazing pics Seoul Sister!!

    Sarang Hae, S

    ReplyDelete